The Striped Long Shirt: Remixed Three Ways - Sensible Stylista

The Striped Long Shirt: Remixed Three Ways

You guys are probably sick of seeing this shirt on SS by now, but it was a serious fave of mine all summer long so I have to pay homage to it one last time.  I blogged about it HERE a few months ago, but I want to give you guys a quick refresher.  I picked it up at Doota in June during my month-long trip in Korea, and it was the ONLY thing I purchased there clothing-wise.  

I wanted to get more stuffs, but everything was either too expensive or straight up un-buyable.  I know "un-buyable's" a harsh, but not being able to try something on (without the option of return) is a dealbreaker for me. So, I exercised self-control and kept my shopping habit to a minimum. However, I ended up wearing it all the freakin' time, which brings me to *drum roll, please* today's remix.  I'll be sharing my fave looks with you guys on Sensible Stylista!
Shoes:  OASAP || Dress:  H&M

1. My first look's a work-friendly ensemble that's both comfortable and stylish.  I started with a fabulous dress from H&M and wore my long shirt on top.  I don't know about you guys, but I've always been a huge fan of summer layering and all that jazz.  There are a ton of cute deets happenin' in this outfit already (tassels + ruffles), but I threw on my Valentino-inspired heels to add more personality.  To see more snaps from this shoot, click here!


Shoes:  Steve Madden || Top:  Polo || Bag:  Chanel || Necklace:  JWholesale

2.  Look number 2's more of a casual everyday outfit.  I wore this out to lunch last month when I met up with an old friend from high school.  I was running super late so I only got to snap 1-2 pics of it with my cam - that's why I never used it as an individual post. In retrospect, I probably would've carried a different bag, but whatever, I was home visiting my parents in Pittsburgh so I wanted to take full advantage of my mom's amazing closet.

For this getup, I started with a cute faux-leather mini and paired it with a navy tank from Polo.  I picked up a bunch of them (tanks + tees) from their factory outlet in Grove City because they were on sale for $9 or so.  TIP:  always get your basics for less!  I refuse to spend a buttload of money on items that aren't "special."  The only exception IMHO is if you're investing in something you'll wear forever like the classic trench.

Sorry, I totally got off topic.  Let's get back to my OOTD!  This skirt has navy embroidery so it matches everything beautifully.  My neck felt a bit bare so I threw on a fabulous statement necklace. This gorg piece is available at Jwholesale.  If you're looking to purchase trendy jewelry for a fraction of the price, make sure to hit them up HERE.


Boots:  Nine West || Tank:  Polo || Shorts:  Aero || Bag:  YSL

3.  I'm oozing (or at least trying to, ha) casual cool for this ensemble.  I kept things very simple by wearing high-waisted denim shorts and a plain white tee.  The long shirt elevates the outfit and creates a cohesive vibe.  I went easy on the accessory front, but carried my faux-snakeskin YSL crossbody for a splash a print.  To top things off, I wore distressed boots.  To see more from this post, click HERE.

Alright guys, that's it for today!  I hope you enjoyed my latest remix.  Which outfit do you like best? And how do you feel about long shirts - are they a do or a don't?

4 comments

  1. loved the layering
    keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a chic item.

    Liv

    www.livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looks !

    Sara
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit ideas!

    ReplyDelete